Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Michigan Medicine announces COVID-19 unit, new paid sick time for employees UofM health
Michigan Medicine has executed the next phase of a comprehensive COVID-19 planning and response program which includes the opening, today, of a 32-bed isolation unit.
2. In response to growing COVID-19 cases, Whitmer activates the Michigan National Guard Michigan Radio
Governor Gretchen Whitmer has activated the Michigan National Guard to help deliver medical supplies to local health departments as they deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Trump to boost medical supply production for COVID-19 Modern Healthcare
4. DEA Okays Telehealth to Prescribe Opioids Amid COVID-19 Emergency mHealth Intelligence
The move to telehealth will make it easier for providers to prescribe an opioid or other controlled substance during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
5. Small Seattle Firm is Working Around the Clock to make Life-Saving Ventilators for Coronavirus Patients NBC News
Seven years ago, Chris Kiple helped start a company called Ventec Life Systems that makes ventilators, the machines that help critically ill patients breathe, here in this Seattle suburb. At the time, the team was trying to re-imagine home health care, not solve a global pandemic, he says.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.