Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) 7 tips for EMR success from Stage 7 hospitals. Healthcare IT News, March 9, 2015.
There are many challenges in achieving success in a paperless environment, but focusing on productivity and training can lead to accomplishing EMR goals.
2) Survival rates for risky surgeries in U.S. vary widely: study.
Reuters, March 12, 2015.
Survival rates for four high-risk surgeries vary as much as 23% depending on the hospital.
3) Specialty Drugs Drive Prescription Spending Jump. AP, March 10, 2015.
The 13% jump in prescription drug spending was fueled in part by expensive specialty drugs.
4) CMS hints Stage 3 rules will drop in time for HIMSS15. Healthcare IT News, March 11, 2015.
CMS is slated to discuss Stage 3 meaningful use requirements next month.
5) FDA proposal to allow drug reps to circulate data draws protests. Reuters, March 11, 2015.
Protesters are urging U.S. health regulators to withdraw a proposal that would allow pharmaceutical companies to distribute medical literature suggesting lower drug risks.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.