Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Most Americans cannot or will not use COVID-19 contact tracing apps: poll Reuters
Tracing apps to determine who has been exposed to coronavirus are facing skepticism from many Americans.
- Court Halts Sale of Silver Products Touted as Virus Treatment Bloomberg Law
Two companies must stop selling silver products as treatment for the coronavirus.
- Critical study of Gilead’s Covid-19 drug shows patients are responding to treatment, NIH says STAT News
A study of remdesivir showed that the medicine is effective against COVID-19.
- U.S. FDA gives broader approval to GSK’s Zejula for ovarian cancer Reuters
The FDA cleared expanded use of Zejula for ovarian cancer patients, and may signal opportunity for other PARP inhibitors.
- Mayo Clinic adds COVID-19 skills to Amazon Alexa Healthcare IT News
New skills on Amazon Alexa devices include ‘Answers on COVID-19’, which offers users information about symptoms, prevention and coping.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.