Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Regeneron Seeks FDA Emergency Clearance for Covid-19 Therapy Bloomberg
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. asked federal regulators to authorize its antibody treatment for emergency use.
- ‘Shut it down’: Virginia hospital under investigation isn’t safe, nurse says Becker’s Hospital Review
A former nurse at Cumberland Hospital for Children and Adolescents is asking for it to be shut down due to child abuse.
- Lyft to integrate with Epic, enabling ride scheduling within EHR workflow Healthcare IT News
The health system will pay for rides ordered for patients and patient and appointment information will prepopulate in the ride request form.
- Oregon hospital terminates 2 employees over ‘computer crimes’ and theft Becker’s Hospital Review
Former hospital employees have been charged with embezzling money after submitting fraudulent reimbursement requests.
- HHS will require hospitals to report flu information, in addition to COVID-10 Healthcare IT News
To receive reimbursement for Medicare and Medicaid, hospitals will need to report flu data, as well as COVID-19 data.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.