Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Hundreds of disillusioned doctors leave Lebanon, in blow to healthcare Reuters
Political instability and bankruptcy of the state and banking system have contributed to a mass exodus of doctors and surgeons.
- Telemedicine could be the future of healthcare in rural areas 25 ABC
Some rural area hospitals, physicians, and patients have embraced telemedicine and will continue to use it after the COVID pandemic.
- Mayo Clinic faces lawsuit in breach of patients’ health records Star Tribune
Over 1,600 patients had their medical records accessed improperly by a former employee.
- FDA authorizes Eli Lilly’s Covid-19 antibody treatment for emergency use NBC News
The antibody treatment is meant for high-risk patients with mild to moderate forms of COVID-19.
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals deploys imaging tech as part of NHS digital pathology network Healthcare IT News
Leeds Teaching Hospitals is using a Sectra picture archiving and communication system that allows pathology images to be accessed by professionals on different devices.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.