Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- 32 hospitals have filed for bankruptcy this year Becker’s Hospital Review
Low patient volumes, canceled elective procedures and high costs have led many hospitals to declare bankruptcy, with more bankruptcy declarations expected.
- Pfizer: COVID-19 shot 95% effective, seeking clearance soon AP
Pfizer said that its vaccine is effective and plans to formally ask U.S. regulators to allow emergency use of the vaccine.
- Beaumont to sell ambulance business Becker’s Hospital Review
Beaumont Health will sell its ambulance business in December to Superior Air-Ground Ambulance.
- AMA passes pro-telehealth resolution Healthcare IT News
The American Medical Association is advocating for telehealth, especially in underserved communities.
- FDA allows 1st rapid virus test that gives results at home AP
The FDA allowed emergency use of the first rapid coronavirus test that can be done at home and provides results in 30 minutes.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.