Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Aspirus acquiring Ascension hospitals, clinics in Wisconsin Fox 6
Aspirus Health is buying seven Ascension hospitals, 21 clinics, and transport services in parts of Wisconsin.
- CMS issues final rule for Medicare coverage of breakthrough technologies: 5 things to know Becker’s Hospital Review
CMS issued a rule that will speed up the FDA approval process for Medicare coverage of new medical devices and technologies.
- Short term low carbohydrate diet linked to remission of type 2 diabetes ScienceDaily
Patients with type 2 diabetes who follow a strict low carb diet for six months may experience greater rates of remission.
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine data leaked by hackers Healthcare IT News
The European Medicines Agency reported some data on the Pfizer vaccine was stolen in early December during a cyberattack.
- Researchers develop a tiny, yet effective method for preventing premature birth News-Medical.Net
A study found an effective method to prevent preterm labor in mice and human cells.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.