Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) $30B Digital Health Record Push Hits Big Roadblocks. Yahoo! Finance, April 15, 2015.
The government has poured nearly $30B into the healthcare industry but few providers can actually share their digital files.
2) Getting down to business with patient engagement. Healthcare IT News, April 14, 2015.
Patients want access to their health records and the ability to engage with them.
3) Health Insurers Call for Stronger Rules on Medical Devices. The Wall Street Journal, April 15, 2015.
The health insurance industry is calling for tougher rules for approving and tracking medical devices.
4) Report: Healthcare state of security a mixed bag. Healthcare IT News, April 14, 2015.
While the healthcare industry is finally taking encryption seriously, the number of security incidents caused by insider misuse increased.
5) Epic, other EHR vendors agree to waive record-sharing fees. Modern Healthcare, April 15, 2015.
Electronic health record system vendors are engaged in an interoperability price war.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.