Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Ohio hospital gives wrong patient a kidney, employees placed on leave Fox News
An Ohio hospital placed two employees on leave after admitting the wrong patient received a kidney transplant.
- US overdose deaths hit record 93,000 in pandemic last year The Detroit News
Difficulties in obtaining treatment and isolation led to a soaring amount of overdose deaths.
- Cleveland Clinic won’t carry controversial Alzheimer’s drug Fox News
After a review of Biogen’s controversial Alzheimer’s drug, the Cleveland Clinic has decided not to carry the drug.
- ‘Neuroprosthesis’ restores words to man with paralysis ScienceDaily
Researchers have developed a speech neuroprosthesis that enabled a paralyzed man to communicate by translating signals from his brain to text on a screen.
- J&J recalls 5 sunscreen products after finding carcinogen Becker’s Hospital Review
A recall of four Neutrogena and one Aveeno sunscreen products was issued by Johnson & Johnson.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.