Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) U.S. News names best hospitals: 7 in Michigan, 4 in metro Detroit. Crain’s, July 21, 2015.
Seven Michigan hospitals received top recognition in U.S. News and World Report‘s 26th Best Hospitals report.
2) Robotic surgery linked to 144 deaths in the US. BBC, July 22, 2015.
A study on surgical robots has shown at least 144 deaths and more than 1,000 injuries in the US.
3) State hearing set on abuse of prescription drugs, opiods. Crains, July 19, 2015.
Gov. Rick Snyder’s administration is planning a public hearing regarding fighting the abuse of prescription drugs and opium derivatives, like heroin.
4) On-Demand Doctor Apps Bring Uber Approach to Medicine. AP, July 22, 2015.
Companies such as Pager, Heal and Medicast are attempting to cut out waiting rooms, receptionists, and trips to the doctor’s office.
5) Doctors Object to High Cancer-Drug Prices. The Wall Street Journal, July 23, 2015.
Over 100 oncologists have complained about the rising cancer-drug prices and have called for new regulations to control the prices.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.