Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Obama announces new steps to combat heroin, prescription drug abuse. The Washington Post, October 21, 2015.
The Obama administration announced that it will takes to increase access to drug treatment and expand the training of doctors to combat heroin and prescription abuse.
2) Top EHR vendors agree to interoperability metrics. Modern Healthcare, October 19, 2015.
12 vendors issued a statement stating that they have agreed to objective measures of interoperability and ongoing reporting.
3) A Health Law Fine on the Uninsured Will More Than Double. AP, October 19, 2015.
The federal penalty for not having health insurance is set to jump to $695.
4) Humana, Aetna Shareholders Approve $37 billion Merger. AP, October 19, 2015.
Humana shareholders approved the company’s takeover by insurer Aetna.
5) Stereotypes Can Hurt a Patient’s Care. HealthDay, October 20, 2015.
Patients who fear being viewed negatively by health care providers due to race, gender, social class, age or weight have worse health than others.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.