As a concept, patient engagement is promising. In reality, there is a industry-wide struggle to encourage patients to interact with caregivers and physicians.
We can help your practice stay on top of the latest health care news, rules, regulations and trends. Subscribe to stay current and up to date on important matters that will impact your practice. (To subscribe to our blog click here).
Given the potential benefits of patient engagement, how can your practice effectively increase it?
Here are some tips:
- Make sure patients have access to the same information as you and your staff. Often patients don’t get the full picture, or much information regarding their care at all. This is a visit based approach that severely limits patient engagement potential.
- Make it easy for your patients, without harassing them. Don’t force your patients to adopt your patient engagement methods, rather show them how much easier it makes their lives, then let them choose.
- Know that the critical factors for patients are motivation and emotion. It doesn’t matter how much time your patients spend on their phones or apps, what matters is how they feel.
- Let patients tell you what they really need from patient engagement, don’t let design dictate. Talk to your patients to find out what is important to them.
- Finally, show your patients that it is a hard science. Now patients don’t believe that patient engagement is anything more than a soft science. Show them that it is reliable and here to stay.
In our next blog post, we will keep you informed of related issues. To get this important information delivered directly to your mail box, click here to Subscribe.
Do you need help staying current and compliant with the latest laws, rules and regulations? We can help. To contact us about your practice’s technology, your patient engagement, or about your other legal needs: CLICK HERE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.