Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) St. Mary Mercy Livonia certified Level II trauma center. Crain’s, May 17, 2016.
The American College of Surgeons made St. Mary Mercy Livonia the 38th trauma center in Michigan.
2) Highmark Sues U.S. Over Affordable Care Act. The Wall Street Journal, May 17, 2016.
The insurer Highmark Inc. is suing on the basis that the U.S. failed to meet obligations under the ACA program “risk corridors.”
3) Pfizer’s Anacor deal showcases new wave of eczema therapies. Reuters, May 17, 2016.
Pfizer’s purchase of Anacor could lead to safer and more effective treatments for those who suffer from eczema.
4) US Hires Contractor to Run ERs at Hospitals on Reservations. AP, May 17, 2016.
US officials hired contractors to provide emergency services on Native American reservations.
5) Critics of Medicare’s Overall Hospital Star Rating Push For Changes. Healthcare IT News, May 19, 2016.
Hospital leaders’ fight against the new star rating system has caused CMS to postpone the plan to release the new rating system.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.