Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) FDA Approves First Dissolving Stent for US Patients. AP, July 5, 2016.
A medical implant has been approved to treat clogged arteries, but it has not proved safer than older medical stents.
2) Blue Cross’ new Medigap pricing strategy to raise rates in 2017. Crain’s, July 6, 2016.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan announced an increase in prices, following a rate freeze.
3) Medicaid plans can now pay mental health institutions. Most won’t until 2017. Modern Healthcare, July 5, 2016.
Medicaid can now pay for mental health institutions, but it may be months before the new coverage.
4) Sanofi Teams Up With U.S. Army on Zika Vaccine. The Wall Street Journal, July 6, 2016.
Sanofi SA has partnered with the U.S. Army to develop an expiramental Zika vaccine.
5) 11 million patient record breaches make June worst month for information security in 2016. Healthcare IT News, July 7, 2016.
Healthcare security attacks are on the rise, with 11,061,649 patient records breached in June alone.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.