Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) NY attorney general targeting bogus Zika protections. Houston Chronicle, August 3, 2016.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is targeting companies advertising ineffective insect repellents.
2) Aetna’s Obamacare Reversal is Latest Blow to U.S. Health Law. Bloomberg News, August 2, 2016.
After facing great losses, Aetna may exit Obamacare markets in some states.
3) CMS finalizes controversial hospital overpayment cut. Modern Healthcare, August 2, 2016.
CMS will keep the controversial 1.5% cut to hospital reimbursement.
4) Pfizer Beats Estimates, but Branded Drugs Disappoint. The New York Times, August 2, 2016.
Pfizer had better than expected quarterly results.
5) Dark Overlords offer 500 patient records stolen from Athens Orthopedic Clinic on black market. Healthcare IT News, August 3, 2016.
A hacker group, Dark Overlords, have emerged on the black market with stolen patient records.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.