Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) New Prescription: Doctor Offices that Look Like Apple Stores. AP, January 17, 2017.
Forward is a health-management service that charges $149 per month to tend to patients’ primary care needs.
2) Snyder hints he’ll fight to keep Medicaid expansion as feds consider ACA repeal. MLive, January 18, 2017.
Gov. Rick Snyder has indicated that he will fight for Medicaid expansion in Michigan.
3) Walgreens to pay $200,000 settlement for lapses with opioids. Boston Globe, January 19, 2017.
Some Walgreens pharmacies failed to monitor patients’ drug use patterns and didn’t use sound judgment when dispensing opioids.
4) FDA proposes off-label communication norms for medical products. Reuters, January 18, 2017.
The FDA issued draft guidance for promotional materials and other materials that are not found on drug labels.
5) Report: Dirty instrument found at DMC; state may reopen investigation. Crain’s, January 19, 2017.
One day after the state ended its investigation of the Detroit Medical Center, a dirty surgical tool was intercepted prior to surgery.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.