Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Reducing sodium levels could save healthcare industry $40B: AHA Becker’s Hospital Review
Reducing sodium intake could help to prevent hospital costs and cardiovascular disease.
- FDA authorizes first e-cigarettes, cites benefit for smokers The Detroit News
The FDA has authorized one brand of e-cigarettes.
- Overdose deaths at new high, CDC data show Becker’s Hospital Review
Overdose deaths in the US skyrocketed during COVID lockdowns and beyond.
- Docs who spend less time in the EHR are more likely to leave their jobs Healthcare IT News
Less time in the EHR, especially less time spent on inbox management, has been associated with provider departure in a new study.
- Second Ebola case confirmed in eastern Congo, health official says Reuters
A second case of Ebola has been confirmed in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.