Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Henry Ford Health System to open QuickCare clinic in Detroit. Crain’s, July 29, 2015.
In an effort to create more convenient outpatient care, Henry Ford plans to open its first QuickCare medical clinic Monday.
2) What hospitals need to know about Windows 10. Healthcare IT, July 29, 2015.
The new upgrade available for Windows will allow hospitals to consolidate varying devices.
3) Software Turns Smartphones into Tools for Medical Research. AP, July 27, 2015.
iPhones can gather information about conditions and can bring patients and doctors together online.
4) AMA, other groups take on patient drug abuse. Modern Healthcare, July 29, 2015.
Several large physician organizations are collaborating to address the rise in drug overdose deaths.
5) A Drug Hits Cycling Before It Hits the Market. The New York Times, July 29, 2015.
There is a new cutting-edge drug for performance-enhancement that is not yet approved for human consumption.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.