Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Predicting Your Medical Costs Is Almost Impossible. This New Tool Wants to Change That. Fortune, July 20, 2016.
Amino’s new price tool is allowing consumers to compare healthcare prices, using insurance claims data.
2) Tackling Workers’ Mental Health, One Text at a Time. The Wall Street Journal, July 19, 2016.
Employers are trying mobile apps to help workers find and receive treatment for mental illnesses.
3) Sen. Chuck Schumer wants to crack down on misleading sunblock products. New York Daily News, July 20, 2016.
43% of sunscreen products do not meet the SPF level that they advertise.
4) 43 of Fata’s patient victims to divide $8 million settlement. Crain’s, July 20, 2016.
Patients of Dr. Fata, the doctor who allegedly subjected patients to unnecessary treatments in Rochester Hills, will split the settlement award.
5) Investor sues Emergent BioSolutions over demand for anthrax vaccine. Washington Business Journal, July 20, 2016.
A claim of overselling shareholders on the demand for BioThrax is central to the investor’s lawsuit against Emergent BioSolutions.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.