Every patient should have the basic facts about the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare).
Here are the top 5 facts to know:
1. No Discrimination: Health insurance companies cannot deny coverage irrespective of the person’s prior health history.
2. Children: Parents’ healthcare insurance can now cover their children through age 26.
3. Required Basic Services: Insurance plans must cover check-ups, mental health services and basic prescription drugs.
4. Young Adults: 9 out of 10 young adults will qualify for health subsidies. 50% of young adults will find a health plan for under $50/month.
5. Healthexchanges: These are on-line health insurance marketplaces where you can shop for and compare the health insurance offered in your area.
If you don’t sign up for insurance by March 31, you will be fined $95 or 1% of your income whichever is greater. The reasoning behind the penalty charge is that everyone is paying for those who choose to be uninsured due to increased costs to cover those who choose to remain uninsured.
If you have a patient who is confused about ObamaCare, here is a great video that provides the facts. VIDEO
Do you need help training your staff about ObamaCare? We can help. CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your email inbox. Click here to Subscribe