Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) IBM: Employees, not outsiders, are responsible for majority of cyber threats. Healthcare IT News, September 21, 2016.
Healthcare employees open the door to theft, malware, ransomware and many other problems.
2) Mylan CEO Faces Tough Questioning in Congressional EpiPen Hearing. The Wall Street Journal, September 22, 2016.
Mylan’s Chief Executive faced tough questioning regarding price increases for the EpiPen allergy treatment.
3) Walgreens offers dermatology consultations online. Chicago Tribune, September 19, 2016.
Walgreens customers can now get opinions from dermatologists without leaving their homes.
4) Meetings set for parents, caregivers to respond to Michigan plans for mental health system. Crain’s, September 21, 2016.
A series of meetings have been scheduled over the next few weeks to discuss a state proposal regarding the improvement of the mental health system in Michigan.
5) Anthem, Cigna Have Accused Each Other of Merger Breach. The Wall Street Journal, September 21, 2016.
Both companies have accused one and other of violating the terms of the merger agreement.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.